Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Carving Pumpkins

I love days when I don't have to cook dinner. It seems so much easier to get important things done, like blog posts. Tonight is trunk or treat, so in a few minutes it will be preparation madness. I thought I would have a rest before the storm.
On Saturday we carved the pumpkins we brought home from the field trip. I was dreading it, and was going to just let them color on them, but they didn't like that idea. Thankfully, the goo inside the pumpkins was easy to get rid of, so it was easy. And they loved it. Grace in her typical cute fashion.
Jed would get grouchy when I scooped out the junk for him. He told me I was doing it all and he needed a turn.
The results, kind of. I cut off the bottom half of the jack o lanterns, but I LOVE this picture of Olivia. I don't know what she was so happy about, but it makes me laugh to see it.

2 comments:

Ryan 'n' Joy said...

too cute - love you guys

now take a minute to vote for Ari at
www.gap.com/castingcall
you can find his entries under
12107mom vote for the one that has the most votes - we have to try to get him up to 360000

SueAnn said...

That is very cute. Grace looks so much like a Roderick to me here. And I love Livy. She looks like she id doing Jason fingers!!