Monday, January 19, 2009

Wrestling

About a week ago Chris and I were goofing around and play fighting. You know, the kind where you pretend to punch and kick and run away, like wresting, but standing up. It terrified our children. They thought we were trying to hurt each other and be mean. They pleaded with us to stop. So, after we stopped, we told them we were just playing and called it wrestling, for lack of a better term. A few days later, my brother came to visit us. Our huge apartment allowed us to blow up an air mattress in the living room, which soon became a toy. One night before bed, Grace and Jed were playing on it and began to wrestle. We were watching them and laughing at them as they rolled over each other, tangling their arms and legs. Then Grace looks up at us and says, "We are wrestling, just you you guys!!" My poor brother, his eyes grew wide and he gave a soft chuckle, as though he was not sure what to do. Chris and I just started laughing and explained the situation to Aaron. I am not sure how well it went over, but I still laugh at it.

2 comments:

Miriam said...

That is too funny! Kids are great aren't they? Hope you are all doing well.

SueAnn said...

I just don't know what to say!! That is great!! I am laughing with you!!