Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Orleans

We are back from a fabulous week in New Orleans. It was all capped off with a fantastic football game that could not have been more fun to watch. The kids were great, even though it started at bed time, and they were already sleep deprived. It was so fun to be there with family and watching a great game, and seeing the Utes win. GO UTES!!!! Earlier in the week, we went to dinner and were able to ride the old trolleys. Jed loved them. This is not a good picture, but it was dark. I wanted one for Jed to see later. I think it was the highlight for him!

On Tuesday we went to the zoo. It was a wonderful zoo and a beautiful day. They had a swamp exhibit that was amazing. It was so cool to see the alligators. They sat so still that at first I thought they were fake. There were more swimming around. They also had an area where you could pet a baby alligator that we all did. Now I am a true adventurer. I pet an alligator!! (granted it was only 18 inches long, but still...)

The whole family at the game. It was so much fun, and the kids loved it. Grace loved watching the cheerleaders and dressing like one. Jed loved his "go Ute" necklace that one of the players gave him. He called it his bling bling.





4 comments:

Miriam said...

What a fun trip. What a fun game to be at! We watched in on TV and were hoping the Utes would win. I'm sure Jed will hang onto that necklace for a while.

Ryan 'n' Joy said...

OMG - it was only like the coolest game ever we were so jealous you guys were there - LUCKY - I am glad you had fun and got to visit with far away family
miss you guys

Cindy said...

Fun! I am jealous! I hope you enjoyed the weather and family!

Jordan and Danny said...

Honestly Chris that trip makes me wish I had an athletic brother with coaching hook ups. But you always have your 4 intramural championships. I have wanted to call you but I have your old cell number. Hope everything is good with your new job.