Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A VERY Bad Monday

Still no pictures, sorry, now I can't find my cord to connect to the computer! No, that is not why it was a very bad Monday. My sister, mom, the kids and I decided we were going to go to the JellyBelly factory yesterday. It is about an hours drive south, but was not a big deal. Once we were about half way there it started to snow, and I was driving! I haven't driven in snow for a few years, so I was already freaked as it was. Then came the whopper. Out of nowhere I hit a huge thing in the road and it became stuck under my car. I got off at the next exit(which was of course miles away) and tried to dislodge the thing. It was a huge metal bumper, and I was grateful my tires hadn't popped. I couldn't get it out, so we recruited some young guys to dislodge it. They worked on it for about 20 minutes and it was still stuck. So I called my trusty brother Rob to come save me!!! Then I tried turning on the var, as it was getting cold in there, and it wouldn't start. Luckily it was just my battery, and Rob had to jack up the van, remove my tire, and cut off the metal bumper. It turns out that it hit my suspension stuff and broke a piece off and now I have to have a major job done on the van in order to drive home. Not only is it super expensive, the part is on national back order, so we have to find one when there is not one to find!! My brothers say I had a better chance of winning the lottery that breaking this item on my car. I guess I should have stayed home a bought a ticket.

I guess it could have been worse and we all could have been hurt had the metal bumper I hit broken any other thing on my car. I an thankful we are all well and uninjured and all I have to worry about is getting a car back.

It was still a very bad Monday!

1 comment:

Ryan 'n' Joy said...

Oh man - that stinks - don't you just hate Mondays... and cars for that matter- Ryan and I joke (although not so funny) that everytime our car makes a wierd noise its going to cost us $400 - and it usually does..... maybe the whole horse and buggy thing wasn't so bad- well I will pray you guys get your part- have fun in Wisconsin - love you