Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Ironman Florida

My super hero husband completed his first Ironman this weekend. He did awesome and it was amazing to watch. Here is part of the swim, in the ocean, with big swells. Not so easy, especially 2.4 miles of it.
After the swim, heading out on the 112 mile bike ride. CRAZY!

Almost at the finish line after 26.2 miles of running. He started the race at 7 am, and was done with his 140.6 miles of working out at around 8:30(I think).

After the race. I am amazed at his strength and willpower and dedication. He worked and trained very hard, but always early morning or late night, so he wouldn't miss time with the kids. I am so proud of him and honored to be his wife. I love you babe!

4 comments:

Ryan 'n' Joy said...

CHRIS ... you are my hero - AWESOME!!!! (and a little crazy - you do all that in ONE day?!?!)

Dalton Family said...

WOW! I don't even know what to say. I am so so so impressed Chris! What a great example for your kids to see. I can't even fathom something like that--so so cool!

SueAnn said...

Great job!! It shows what a great dad you are!! Mom and I were impressed that you did it in such a short time!!

Cindy said...

WOW!! Chris don't you know....you don't have to run if no one is chasing you!!