Monday, February 16, 2009

Grace turns 5!!!!

I can not believe it has been 5 years since I had my fist baby! Some days it seems like it has been 20, others, just yesterday. It has hit me hard that she is grown up and is almost in kindergarten. I have been remembering her as a baby and toddler. She was just as sweet then as she is now. Since her birthday was on a Sunday, she was able to open presents first thing in the morning. I thought about making her wait until after church, lunch and naps, but decided that was not a fun birthday.
For dinner she requested homemade pizza, and the kids got in on the action. Here she is cutting the olives.





She also did not want cake and ice cream, but a banana split. We opted to some jr. ones from Sonic. Lucky too, because she ate about 5 bites and was done. She liked it, she's not really an ice cream kind of girl. I can't say I blame her. I pretty much hate vanilla ice cream too!

3 comments:

Ryan 'n' Joy said...

Happy Birthday Grace!!!! - Kate you are an awesome mom - way to go
miss you like crazy

Cindy said...

Happy Birthday Grace. We sang to you on your birthday, but i bet you didn't hear us. And Kate, you are getting to be an old mother with a 5 year old!

HNM PHOTOGRAPHY said...

HAppy Birthday from John john her future husband...LOL!